The Use Of Fibonacci Retracement
Fibonacci, Actually named Leonardo of Pisa, was born in Pisa, Italy about 1175 A.D.. Today, he is recognized as the greatest European mathematian of the middle ages. Fibonacci is credited with introducing the Arabic-Hindu numeral system to Europe. He also introduced the decimal system. Both became the basis of mathematics we use today. Enough background for now.
Although Fibonacci covered an entire realm of mathematics, the main numbers used in trading are actually percentages. The percentages are 38.2%, 50%, and 61.8%. These areas are viewed as trend retracement points. The most commonly held theory is that a 38.2% retracement of a trend is a failed reversal and theoverall trend should continue. A retracement to the 61.8% mark signals that the retracement is the beginning of a new trend. The 50% level is used for different strategies if confirmed by several other forex indicator signals.
The use of Fibonacci numbers in trading has become increasingly popular in recent years. It does not take long when looking at charts to see several examples of Fibonacci tracements. On numerous occassions I have watched analysts making market predictions on T.V. shows. I will often check the charts about what they discussed. Some of the predictions for new price levels are dead on Fib. retracement numbers.
Fibonacci numbers, as with all technical indicators should not be used by themselves. They should be combined with other indicators to make a complete system to trade with. I do believe that Fibonacci numbers should be a part every traders list of indicators. They do seem to be extremely accurate, This could possibly a self fufilling prophecy. If enough people believe it, they will cause it to hold true.
In any case, if you do not currently use them, you may want to look into it.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Possibly related posts
- Fibonacci Analysis In Forex Trading Fibonacci forex trading is the basis of many forex trading systems used by a great number of professional forex brokers around the globe, and many billions of dollars are profitable traded every year based on these trading techniques. Fibonacci was an Italian mathematician and he is best remembered by his world famous Fibonacci sequence, the definition
- Fibonacci Trading- Use Mathematical Magic for Better Profits From Each Trade 2010 Find Fibonacci Trading- Use Mathematical Magic for Better Profits From Each Trade 2010 at Movies & TV, home of thousands of titles on DVD and Blu-ray. Be Sociable, Share! Tweet Fibonacci Analysis In
- KISS FOREX : How to Setup Killer Trades with…FIBONACCI! | Keep It Simple Stupid Lessons (FXHOLIC) KISS FOREX : How to Setup Killer Trades with…FIBONACCI! | Keep It Simple Stupid Lessons (FXHOLIC) – Kindle edition by Sofia Stavropoulou. Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading KISS FOREX : How to Setup Killer Trades with…FIBONACCI!
- Fibonacci Trading: How to Master the Time and Price Advantage Fibonacci Trading: How to Master the Time and Price Advantage [Carolyn Boroden] on . *FREE* super saver shipping on qualifying offers. Made famous by the Italian mathematician Leonardo De Pisa, the Fibonacci number series holds a Golden Ratio that is universally found in nature and used by architects Be Sociable, Share!
- Trend Retracement Concepts Find Trend Retracement Concepts at Movies & TV, home of thousands of titles on DVD and Blu-ray. Be Sociable, Share! Tweet Fibonacci Analysis In Forex Trading Fibonacci forex trading is the basis of