The Use Of Fibonacci Retracement
Fibonacci, Actually named Leonardo of Pisa, was born in Pisa, Italy about 1175 A.D.. Today, he is recognized as the greatest European mathematian of the middle ages. Fibonacci is credited with introducing the Arabic-Hindu numeral system to Europe. He also introduced the decimal system. Both became the basis of mathematics we use today. Enough background for now.
Although Fibonacci covered an entire realm of mathematics, the main numbers used in trading are actually percentages. The percentages are 38.2%, 50%, and 61.8%. These areas are viewed as trend retracement points. The most commonly held theory is that a 38.2% retracement of a trend is a failed reversal and theoverall trend should continue. A retracement to the 61.8% mark signals that the retracement is the beginning of a new trend. The 50% level is used for different strategies if confirmed by several other forex indicator signals.
The use of Fibonacci numbers in trading has become increasingly popular in recent years. It does not take long when looking at charts to see several examples of Fibonacci tracements. On numerous occassions I have watched analysts making market predictions on T.V. shows. I will often check the charts about what they discussed. Some of the predictions for new price levels are dead on Fib. retracement numbers.
Fibonacci numbers, as with all technical indicators should not be used by themselves. They should be combined with other indicators to make a complete system to trade with. I do believe that Fibonacci numbers should be a part every traders list of indicators. They do seem to be extremely accurate, This could possibly a self fufilling prophecy. If enough people believe it, they will cause it to hold true.
In any case, if you do not currently use them, you may want to look into it.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!
Possibly related posts
- Fibonacci Analysis In Forex Trading Fibonacci forex trading is the basis of many forex trading systems used by a great number of professional forex brokers around the globe, and many billions of dollars are profitable traded every year based on these trading techniques. Fibonacci was an Italian mathematician and he is best remembered by his world famous Fibonacci sequence, the definition
- What Is Needed In Forex Strategies Before, the forex market was limited only to long-term investors, banks and people who have greater capitals. The trading occurs via an agent or voice broker who will inform clients on what is going on. Later on, it was been replaced by a computerized automated systems. This was the early form of forex trading strategy. The
- Forex Trading System That Make Money From Forex Market After expectancy, we will have to look at the opportunity factor. Opportunity simply means the number of opportunity you are able to trade with your system or method. By multiplying expectancy with opportunity, a trader will know how much you can make with your system or method over a period of time. For obvious reason,
- The Elliott Wave Theory In Forex Elliot Wave theory is very much a matter of interpretation. Identifying the best time to enter and leave a trade is dependent on being able to see and follow the pattern of larger and smaller waves, and to know when to trade and when to get out based on the patterns you identify. Fibonacci Analysis In
- Forex Technical Analysis Can Help You Make Money Many times finding the prevailing trend will help you become aware of the overall market direction and offer you better visibility–especially when shorter-term movements tend to clutter the picture. And many times following the trend will bail you out of an initially less than great entry point. Fibonacci Analysis In Forex Trading Fibonacci forex trading is